CFA piles, also known as augercast piles, are a type of bored pile that is achieved by drilling into the ground to design depth with a hollow stem auger and then pumping grout or concrete through the auger as it is slowly retracted. Reinforcing steel can be installed immediately after the auger is fully withdrawn, if required.
- Suitable for most soil conditions, CFA piles are an ideal deep foundation solution for collapsible soils or where the presence of a high water table poses challenges to construction.
- The hollow stem auger acts as a temporary casing during installation, eliminating the need for costly casing solutions that other foundation methods require.
- CFA piles are ideal for secant and tangent pile wall applications as they offer higher productivity rates than alternative methods.
- They can be installed with limited overhead room making them ideal for projects with large capacity requirements and restricted access.
- The construction noise and vibration levels are low compared to other deep foundation techniques.